Workflows serve as automated processes that streamline various tasks and actions within Acorn. They are designed to simplify administrative tasks, enhance user experience, and ensure compliance with training and content requirements.
1. Due Date Workflow: The purpose of the due date workflow is to automate the management of content deadlines and reminders. It ensures that users complete required tasks or content within a specified timeframe. The workflow's benefits include:
- Automation: The system automatically tracks due dates and marks users as overdue if they haven't completed the content on time.
- Reminder Emails: Automated email notifications remind users as the due date approaches, reducing the likelihood of missed deadlines.
- Accountability: It enforces accountability by tracking and recording users completion status and due dates.
2. Refresher/Compliance Workflow: The refresher workflow is intended for managing compliance and ensuring that users stay up-to-date with required training or credentials. Its main points are:
- Automated Compliance: The workflow automatically monitors and enforces compliance by expiring completion statuses after a specified period of time.
- Notifications: Users are notified when their completion is about to expire, allowing them to take appropriate action to maintain compliance.
- Automatic Unenrolment: Users are automatically unenroled from a course if they don't renew their completion within the specified refresher period.
3. Enrolment Workflow: The enrolment workflow simplifies the process of enrolling users into courses, especially when they first join the LMS. Its key features include:
- Efficiency: Users are automatically enrolled in courses upon account creation, saving administrators time and effort.
- Cohort Assignment: Users can be grouped into specific cohorts for organized course enrolment.
- Notifications: Automated email notifications inform users about their enrollment status in a particular course.
In summary, workflows in Acorn are tools for automation and organization. They reduce manual intervention, enhance user engagement, help administrators manage compliance and deadlines, and improve the overall experience within the learning environment. Each type of workflow caters to specific needs, whether it's meeting deadlines, ensuring compliance, or streamlining enrolment processes.