This guide will take Admin's through the steps for creating a Live Learning shell. To create a Live Learning, this feature must first be enabled for your LMS site. Reach out to the Pursuit Technology Support Team if you require this feature to be turned on.
1. Access the Administrator menu by clicking 'Admin' at the top righthand corner of the page.
2. Go to the 'Live Learning Management' dropdown.
3. Go to the Create Live Learning page by selecting 'Create Live Learning'.
4. You are now on the Create Live Learning page. Update the following:
- Live Learning Name - Enter the name of your Live Learning.
- Access - If you are an Acorn Admin, you will have the option to define the type of access for the Live Learning. You will not have this option if you are a Tenancy Admin.
- 'Tenancy Live Learning' means that the Live Learning will only be available to a specific tenancy on the Acorn Site.
- 'Open' means that the Live Learning will be available to all tenancies on the Acorn Site.
- Category - Live Learnings can be assigned to Categories which can allow for users to find the content using the filters provided in the Catalogue.
- Tag - Live Learnings can also have Tags. This is another filtering option for users when they are accessing content in the Catalogue.
- Cost - If payment is required to access the Live Learning, you can identify the cost to the users with this field. This is not a payment barrier. You will need to apply a Payment Method to the Live Learning in order to accept payments.
- Duration - Adding a Duration will indicate to users how long it will take to complete the Live Learning. This can be set in hours, minutes and seconds if required.
- Live Learning Description - The editing tool allows you to provide a textual or visual description of the Live Learning. This can be plain text, or HTML and include links, images, media files etc.
- Enable Completion Certificate - Enabling this toggle will allow for users to obtain a Completion Certificate once they have completed the Live Learning. This certificate can be downloaded by the user from the Live Learning or Training History page. Custom Completion Certificates can be uploaded to Acorn. Visit the Custom Certificate page for more information.
- Hidden - Enabling the Hidden toggle will hide the Live Learning within the Catalogue. A hidden Live Learning is only accessible to users who have been registered for a Session by an Administrator, or have accessed it via a Program.
- Bypass Hidden Link - Using this secret link, users can access this live learning even if it's hidden. Re-generating the link will invalidate the old one.
- Prerequisites - Adding a Prerequisite will allow you to select a range of content such as Courses, Live Learnings, Videos, Resources or Programs a user must complete before allowing them to access this Live Learning.
- Live Learning Image - Drag and drop, or browse your files to upload an image. Use the slider to select the portion of the image you wish to display. The image will be cropped to an aspect ratio of 16:9.
5. Once you have completed the Live Learning details, click the 'Create Live Learning' button.
You have now successfully created a Live Learning and will immediately be taken to the View Live Learning page. You will now need to create an Event and populate it with Sessions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.