This article will guide Admin's on how to configure a Feedback Form activity.
This activity type is useful in allowing a user to provide feedback to administrators and facilitators after completing learning material.
2. Select 'Feedback Form' from the Activity Type dropdown menu.
3. Update the following:
- Feedback Name - Enter the name of you Feedback Form.
- Feedback Description - Enter a brief description of the Feedback form.
- Show Description - Select if you want the description to be visible.
4. Build the feedback form by selecting 'Manage Form'. A new window will appear allowing you to select a variety of field types. A description of each field type is below:
- Multi-line - Allows the user to provide answers requiring multiple lines of text. This should be utilised for more detailed feedback responses.
- Single Line - Allows the user to provide answers in a single line of text. This should be utilised for fields such as names, titles or other short details.
- Single Choice - Allows the user to select a single item from a dropdown list of known potential options. After entering each option, click the 'Plus" icon to add it to the list.
- Radio Option - Allows the user to select a single option from a list of known potential options. This is similar to the 'Single Choice' field, but the options will appear as radio buttons. After entering each option, click the 'Plus' button to add it to the list.
- Rating - This allows the user to choose a star rating out of 5.
- Multiple Choice - Allows the user to select one or more answers from a list of options. This should be utilised when asking a user to select all relevant options. After entering each option, click the 'Plus' button to add it to the list.
- Date Picker - Allows the user to select a date from a calendar pop up.
- Duration - Allows the user to specify an amount of time in hours and minutes.
- Percentage - Allows the user to specify a percentage between 1-100.
- Content - Unlike the fields above, the Content field does not allow for users to provide a response. Instead, it allows the activity creator to include additional text in the feedback form. This may be utilised to provide instructions or further information about the feedback form.
When creating each field, there are settings that can be adjusted and are visible on the right hand side.
The up and down arrows allow you to change the order of the field.
The exclamation icon means that this field is required (i.e. mandatory). The user will not be able to submit the feedback from unless the have provided a response to the required field.
The triple horizontal line icon allows for the current field to only be visible in the form subject to the user's response in other fields.
The bin icon removes the field from the feedback form.
5. Once you have created the desired fields comprising the feedback form, click 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the page. Click the icon and select 'Stop Editing'.
You have now successfully configured a Feedback Form activity!