This guide will teach Admins and Content Creators how to configure a Forum activity.
A Forum activity enables participants to have discussions that take place over an extended period of time.
2. Select "Forum" from the 'Activity Type' dropdown. Fill in the required fields and configure the settings:
- Forum Name (Required) - The title of the Forum activity.
- Forum Description (Required) - The description of the Forum activity.
- Show Description - The description will be displayed if this toggle is switched on.
- Hidden to Users - The Forum activity will be hidden to end users if this toggle is switched on.
- Icon - You are able to select an icon to be displayed against the activity.
- Course Completion Prerequisite
- Always available - the Forum activity will always be available.
- Only available if the user has a previous completion in this course - the Forum activity will not be accessible unless a user has a previously completed the course.
- Not available if the user has a previous completion in this course - the Forum activity will not be accessible if the user has previously completed the course.
- Activity Prerequisites - Activity prerequisites allow you to define which other activities in the Course must be completed before this activity can be accessed by users. If a prerequisite is hidden to a user for any reason they will not be required to complete it before accessing this activity.
Completion Criteria - The completion criteria will be disabled by default for Forum activities.
3. Finalise the Forum activity by clicking or .
You have now successfully configured a Forum activity!