This guide will teach you how to configure and grade an Assignment activity.
2. Select "Assignment" from the 'Activity Type' dropdown. Fill in the required fields and configure the settings:
- Assignment Name (Required) - The title of the Assignment activity.
- Assignment Description (Required) - The description of the Assignment activity.
- Show Description - The description will be displayed if this toggle is switched on.
- Availability Settings - Define an opening date, due date and cut-off date.
- Submission Type Settings - Select online text and/or file submission.
- Feedback Type Settings - Select feedback comments and/or feedback files.
- Submission Settings - Select the submission method and define re-attempt permissions.
- Notification Settings - Configure the notifications that facilitators and students receive.
- Grade Settings - Define the grade type, maximum grade, grading method, grade to pass and other grading options.
- Hidden to Users - The Quiz activity will be hidden to end users if this toggle is switched on.
- Icon - You are able to select an icon to be displayed against the activity.
- Course Completion Prerequisite
- Always available - the Quiz activity will always be available.
- Only available if the user has a previous completion in this course - the Quiz activity will not be accessible unless a user has a previously completed the course.
- Not available if the user has a previous completion in this course - the Quiz activity will not be accessible if the user has previously completed the course.
- Activity Prerequisites - Activity prerequisites allow you to define which other activities in the Course must be completed before this activity can be accessed by users. If a prerequisite is hidden to a user for any reason they will not be required to complete it before accessing this activity.
- Completion Criteria - This field dictates what a user must achieve to be marked as completefor the Quiz activity.
3. Create the Assignment activity by clicking at the bottom of the page. Or update the Assignment activity by clicking .
4. To check the submissions, open the Assignment activity and click .
5. To grade Assignments, click the button on the Assignment homepage or on the submission page. Once marked, click . Or click to continue marking other submissions.
You have now successfully configured and graded an Assignment activity!