This guide will show you how to manage payment refunds. If you would like to find out more about the Payments feature, please read this article.
A user can request a refund for purchased content. Admin will then have to approve or decline the refund request. However, this feature does NOT process the refund as a payment. Our feature 'Manage Payment Refunds' acts as a record for refund claims and their approval status. To process the refund itself, admin will have to do so directly via their designated bank account and payment method.
To learn how manage payment refunds, please follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to the 'Manage Payment Refunds' page by clicking Admin > Payments > Manage Payment Refunds.
2. The 'Manage Payment Refund' page will display the payment, user and content information for all refund request and past refunds on the tenancy.
3. Scroll to the right of the page to:
- View the Refund Reason by clicking the icon.
- Add a Comment by clicking the icon.
- Approve the refund by clicking "APPROVE".
- Decline the refund by clicking "DECLINE".
Important note - Refunds in the LMS do not refund money from your bank account. This needs to be managed separately with your payment provider. The LMSs' refund feature is for auditing purposes and withdrawing learners from content.
You have now successfully managed payment refunds!
Please sign in to leave a comment.