Impersonating a user
Impersonating a user means taking on a user's viewpoint within the system. This can be an invaluable tool for admins. We will discuss the functional use cases of impersonating a user in this article, but before we discuss use cases, let's walk you through the process of impersonating a user.
Proceed to Admin > Browse and Update Users > Select 'View User' > Impersonate User.
To stop impersonating a user find this icon at the top right corner of the dashboard next to the 'Catalogue', and select 'Stop Impersonating'.
Why You Might Want to Impersonate a User
1. Experience From the User's Perspective
- Realistic User Experience: By impersonating a user, you can gain insight into how your content appears and feels for the end user.
2. Quality Assurance for Content
- Review Your Creations: After crafting content, it's essential to review it as a user would. This ensures the content flows well, is intuitive, and meets user expectations.
3. Troubleshooting Issues
- Identify User Challenges: If a user reports a problem or gets stuck, impersonating their account can provide a direct view of the issue. This enables faster, more accurate troubleshooting.
4. Verifying User Rights
- Access Check: Ensure users have the appropriate access rights. By impersonating, you can check if they can view, edit, or execute specific tasks, ensuring that permissions are set correctly.