Adding Accessibility to a Video
In this article we will teach you how to add Closed Captioning or a Transcript to a video activity within a Course or Live Learning. We will assume you know how to add a video activity to a course and jump straight into the steps.
There are two options for providing accessibility to a video:
1. Video Transcript: Add a transcript that users can download.
- Go to your course.
- Start editing and create a video activity.
- Fill out video details and add the video.
- In Accessibility Options, upload the Video Transcript in the file drop area
- Users can download the transcript when they watch the video
2. Closed Captioning: Add CC to a video.
- Fill out video details and select 'File Upload' as the video source.
- Add the video file.
- In Accessibility Options, upload the WebVTT file in the Video Caption file drop area.
- Find the 3 dots at the bottom right corner in the video to turn CC on or off
- Closed captioning is available only for video file uploads. Video links should already have their own CC from their original source.
Note: Closed captioning MUST be in WebVTT form
That's it! You've made your video content more accessible for your learners in just a few steps.